Media and Publication Awards Programs
What is the Media and Publication Awards Program?
The Media and Publication Awards program is designed to recognize outstanding branches and individual private studios of the MTAC in the following categories:
- Branch Scrapbooks (including digital scrapbooks)
- Branch Yearbooks/Directories
- Branch Newsletters
- Branch Websites
- Branch Recital Programs
- ndividual Private Studio Newsletters
- Individual Private Studio Websites
- Individual Private Studio Recital Programs
- Other Published or Digital Materials, including flyers, brochures, and posters
MTAC branches and individual private studios are invited to submit entries in one or more categories. Postmark deadline for all entries is June 6, 2011. Entries may be sent by regular mail or e-mail to the Media and Publication Awards Program Chair, except for scrapbooks, which are brought to the State Convention for judging.
All participants and winners receive certificates and ribbons. Winning entries are showcased at the State Convention. The scrapbook entries and remaining participants' entries are placed in binders which are displayed on tables near the winners' showcase.
All Sweepstakes Awards are presented at the State Convention Awards Banquet.
Important Announcement: Be a Judge for the Media and Publication Awards Program!
The Scrapbooks and Awards Program is seeking interested individuals to judge entries for 2011.
- Be available Sunday, June 12, 2011 to judge yearbooks/directories, newsletters, recital programs, and other published materials at the home of Chair Arlene Ferrolino in Glendale.
- Attend the 2011 State Convention in Oakland and be available (at your convenience) to judge scrapbooks sometime between July 1 and July 2.
- Receive 1 free ticket per judge to the Awards Banquet held on July 4 at the 2011 State Convention in Oakland.
- Gain insight into the awards process and valuable tips on producing a superior entry.
- Find inspiration and new ideas to bring to your branch and individual private studio publications.
For more information:
- Media and Publication Awards Program Chair,
MTAC Awards Program Winners for 2010
|Small Branch||Large Branch|
|Popular Choice||Pomona||South Bay|
|Digital Scrapbook||Orange County North|
|Best Cover||Pomona||South Bay|
|Use of photos||Delta||South Bay|
|Artistry||Pleasant Valley, Pomona||Glendale, Sacramento|
|Special Recognition||Long Beach (advertising)
Whittier (photo directory)
|Sweepstakes||Orange Coast Cities|
|Special Recognition||Diamond Bar (use of photos)
Santa Clara County (artistry)
|Branch Recital Programs|
|Special Recognition||San Fernando Valley West
Santa Clara County
|Sweepstakes||San Fernando West Valley|
|Special Recognition||Orange County North (organization)
South Bay (organization)
|Individual Studio Recital Programs|
|Sweepstakes||Betty Lea Martocchio [San Diego]
Leslie Olson [San Diego]
|Special Recognition||Linda Rohmund [No. San Diego] (content & program notes)
Xiaoli Chen [Santa Clara] (biographical content)
|Individual Studio Websites|
|Honorable Mention||Theresa Chan Escober|
|Other Published Materials|
|Butte County (poster/advertisement
Kristi Lobitz (invitation)
Orange Coast Cities (flyer)
Riverside County (brochure)
MTAC Awards Program Winners for Past Years
Last modified 08/18/11, 23:12:50 EDT.