Learning music does not end in childhood…MTAC offers the Adult Performance program for adult students and teachers. Each solo or ensemble participant prepares three compositions and can receive individual evaluation, study with a private coach, participate in a master class, and perform in a recital. Auditors are welcome at master classes and recitals. Recital participants may also be considered for the Adult Performance Recital at the State Convention.
- Adult student at CM Level 6 or higher (avocational)
- College student majoring in music; professional performer (vocational)
- MTAC teacher-performer
- Auditor – open to anyone interested in observing.
- Anyone with an account in the system (including adult students, parents, or teachers) should log in to their MTAC account first before completing the application.
- Those who do not have an MTAC account, click here
Registration deadline is February 15.
Evaluation dates for 2019:
Northern California – March 9, 2019
Southern California – March 17, 2019
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Adult Performance State Chairs:
For more information, log into your Teacher Portal and click on Adult Performance.