Learning music does not end in childhood…MTAC offers the Adult Performance program for adult students and teachers. Each solo or ensemble participant prepares three compositions and can receive individual evaluation, study with a private coach, participate in a master class, and perform in a recital. Auditors are welcome at master classes and recitals. Recital participants may also be considered for the Adult Performance Recital at the State Convention.
- Adult student at CM Level 6 or higher (avocational)
- College student majoring in music; professional performer (vocational)
- MTAC teacher-performer
Auditor – open to anyone interested in observing. Auditors can choose which event date they would like to attend.
- Teachers should log in to their MTAC account and go to Adult Performance page to apply.
- Adult Students and Parents with an MTAC account should click here to apply.
- Those who do not have an MTAC account, click here to apply.
The Adult Performance Program is on hiatus for the 2022-2023 year. The MTAC State Board has decided to evaluate and assess the program to better meet the needs of today’s participants.
The Adult Performance Program will return for the 2023-2024 year.
If you have any questions, contact the MTAC State Office.
If you are interested in becoming an evaluator for the Adult Performance program, click here.