Piano Concerto Solo Competition
The State Piano Concerto/Solo Competition gives students another chance to thrive. At this event, students perform a solo or concerto movement before a panel of judges in a highly competitive setting.
Regional auditions are held in Northern and Southern California. Finalists from each age division advance to the State Finals, held every year at the State Convention. Winners are selected in each age category, and all finalists receive prize monies provided by the MTAC Foundation.
- Teachers of applicants must be MTAC members.
- Applicants must be enrolled with the same teacher for at least six months prior to regional auditions.
- Former first place State Convention winners are not eligible to enter the same category in the same age division.
- A student may enter either the solo or concerto competition but not both in the same year.
- An applicant’s age is determined as of June 20 in the year of Convention.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Division I: through age 12
- Division II: ages 13 – 15
- Division III: ages 16 – 18
- Division IV: ages 19 – 24
For more information, please reach out to the MTAC State Office.