Why is it important that my music teacher is a member of MTAC?
An MTAC membership signifies that your teacher is committed to maintain high standards for providing a musical education to your student. In order to qualify for membership, teachers must undergo a rigorous certification process and meet strict educational and work experience standards. Your teacher’s MTAC membership is your assurance that their educational background and teaching experience has been verified by an independent, state-wide professional organization, providing the best learning opportunity for your student.
What is MTAC Convention?
Each year the Music Teachers’ Association of California (MTAC) hosts the State Convention, bringing together world class artists, music educators and students to celebrate music performance and composition. Over 2,000 attendees experience a four-day extravaganza filled with seminars, performances, recitals, presentations, and master classes. In addition, there are free public performances by professional musicians and an exciting world premiere of a specially commissioned musical piece.
Attending Convention offers students many opportunities:
- Enjoy competitions and recitals showcasing some of California’s best student talent
- See Master Classes and Seminars hosted by world-class artists
- Receive constructive critiques and hands-on training from professionals in the music industry
- Free public performances by students and professional musicians
What are MTAC Programs?
MTAC offers students the opportunity to participate in special state-wide programs through their MTAC member teachers. These programs enable students to take their musical education to the next level through exposure to a high level of competition, critique and feedback from music educators and potential interaction with professional musicians.
- Enhanced learning in the areas of performance and composition
- Competitions and recitals showcasing student talent and advancement
- Opportunity for cash prizes and awards for participating students for certain programs
- Possible performance opportunity at the MTAC State Convention